If you would like to advance your nursing practice and take on a role that involves higher levels of responsibility and leadership, the Graduate Diploma in Nursing would be the perfect choice to progress your career. This is an advanced level Diploma course that is suitable for graduates of any Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent degree. The course structure and content is designed to enable them to extend their nursing knowledge and skills in a specialist setting.
Having completed this course, senior nurses will find that they can avail of many rewarding career opportunities, as thousands of new jobs are expected to open in this sector over the next few years.
The course will cover topics such as the following: Advanced nursing knowledge, Clinical Leadership and Management in Nursing and Specialisations, Research in Nursing, Evidence Based Practice in Nursing and Specialisations, and Professional Issues and Policies in Nursing and Specialisations.
Course learning outcomes
Phase 1 of the course aims to:
- Offer educational opportunities which are specific to the advancing role of the registered nurse, facilitating their professional growth and development;
- Enhance undergraduate education and previous experience through expansion of knowledge, and an increased perception in complex relationships affecting nursing;
- Improve analytical ability and skills when assessing the health needs of patients;
- Add on further knowledge and skills in research and evidence-based practice in nursing;
- Develop additional skills to investigate, challenge and improve current practice in nursing and;
- Increase students’ acceptance of responsibility and initiative for defining and attaining the knowledge required for expertise in the practice setting.
Phase 2 of the course aims to:
Enable students to acquire advanced skills, knowledge and insights beyond their undergraduate and graduate certificate studies.