All candidates are required to:
- Be currently registered as Registered Nurse Division 1 with the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Registering Authority(AHPRA).
- Provide evidence of a current police check and immunisation records.
(This applies only if Module 4 Professional Experience placement is chosen as an elective).
While IHNA will work with you to make "reasonable accommodations" in the campus lab and classroom, there are clinical practice conditions that occur in the workplace environment that are beyond IHNA control. The physical requirements below are necessary to function in the hospital and community health settings. Students must be able to perform and complete course objectives and requirements with or without reasonable accommodations. Additional skills and abilities are needed to perform patient/ resident care in the clinical settings to pass the course objectives and requirements.
- Strength:Sufficient to assist with lifting and transferring a patient, and perform CPR
- Mobility:Sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, and bend down to the floor; ability to move around rapidly; and to move in small, confined areas.
- Hearing:Sufficient to hear through the stethoscope to discriminate sounds; to hear cries for help; to hear alarms on equipment and emergency signals; and various overhead pages.
- Vision:Sufficient to make physical assessments of patients and equipment.
- Communication:Able to communicate in both verbal and written formats; and interact with clients, staff, and faculty supervisors.
If you have a disability that will require reasonable accommodations to fulfill these requirements then please declare in your course application, special needs section.